Sunday, November 1, 2009

DIY canopy bed

We moved in about 2 months ago and I am now finally finishing my bed. This is kinda what we started out with nice plain black and white.




I got brave and decided to make my bedspread and all of the pillows. and this is what it turned into.




I have always liked the way that canopy beds looked but I kneew that right now we arent able to afford the whole BED part of the "canopy bed" so I decided that i could make the canopy.

















I got some PVC pipe and cut them the length that i needed them, put some of the corner connector thingys on them (the HOME DEPOT guy helped pick them) then spray painted all of it black. (inspired by my mother-in-law who is the queen of spray paint) hooked them together. and got black zip-ties that have holes in the end of them and put a screw through the hole and screwed the whole thing in the ceiling. then put my "canopy" part up (complimets of the leftovers of my moms curtains.) totally this project cost me $3 for spray paint $2 for PVC pipe. and about $25 for fabric. this $30 makeover turned out better then i thought !!!


7 comments:

chris and brit said...

I love it way to go you are so talented.

The Style Sisters said...

Holy Cow that looks amazing! Great job. I love the black and white and the canopy is perfect!!

I am having my firt giveaway a set of 12 berry wreath napkin rings in either red or white...come on by and see all the other things you can do with them.

Karin

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

It turned out great... I love a canopy bed!

The Harris's said...

I love it...When I am done with school you can come do the decor for my new house... I miss you guys

Hardwood Decking said...

Since ceiling bed canopies hang above your head, it's important to make sure they are secure in the ceiling. Drill a small hole in the spot over your bed where you want to hang your canopy. For extra support, screw the hooks into drywall anchors.

Megang said...

Loved it! About how much fabric did you use and what size is the bed? Awesome effect.

Unknown said...

I think it would all depend on your ceiling height & where you want it to hang. This is a king size bed . I used about 14 yards of fabric